Center for Child and Human Development
Collaborative on Global Children's Issues
Joan Lombardi is a senior scholar at the Center for Child and Human Development and a senior fellow with the Collaborative on Global Children's Issues at Georgetown University. Over the past 50 years, Joan has made significant contributions in the areas of child and family policy as an innovative leader and policy advisor to national and international organizations and foundations and as a public servant.
- Advises philanthropy, public agencies, and others on domestic and global issues facing young children, families, and communities.
- Chairs the National Advisory Team for the Rapid Assessment of Pandemic Impact on Development-Early Childhood (RAPID-EC).
- Serves on the Executive Leadership Council of the global Early Childhood Development Action Network.
- Is a visiting scholar at the FXB Center for Health and Human Rights, T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University.
- Served as the first deputy assistant secretary for early childhood during the Obama administration and the first director of the Child Care Bureau during the Clinton administration.